Full-time / Permanent – start September 2019 Teachers Pay & Conditions
We are looking for an inspiring and engaging MFL teacher with specialisms in French and/or Spanish (ideally both) to join our School.
With a challenging national backdrop for MFL teaching this is an exciting opportunity to use your skills, expertise and passion to help enthuse our young people to achieve excellent outcomes in their language studies and to see the opportunities success in MFL will bring.
Whatever your stage of career be this NQT or experienced professional, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning.
The successful applicant will be:
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of French / Spanish.
- Able to teach (ideally) both French / Spanish at age 11-16 to GCSE and A level.
- Able to secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
- An inspiring practitioner who keeps abreast of the latest developments in learning and teaching.
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
- Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
In return we offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of the MFL department within our school.
- The opportunity to develop within a highly supportive environment.
- Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
- The scope to take a love of MFL well beyond the classroom.
We offer you the chance to join one of the high-performing schools in the region – with formal recognition as “Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year for the North of England”, and an Ofsted rating as Outstanding. We also enjoy consistently high levels of parental satisfaction and positive student feedback / engagement which, along with highly motivated colleagues and inspirational leadership, provides a fertile environment for you to develop within.
You will be joining a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form and a Trust with two primary schools and one junior school. The Fulford School motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community. These values also run through the work of our Multi Academy Trust.
We offer a supportive environment, competitive salary with excellent employee benefits including access to a salary-related defined pension scheme.
Please visit the school website: www.fulford.york.sch.uk/vacancies for further details and application forms or download below.
Please return the completed application form by email (along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2019 (08.00am) Interviews: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require successful applicants to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Applicants are asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.