Full-time / To start September 2019 Teachers Pay & Conditions
If you can share your passion for Mathematics and provide our learners with a high quality enjoyable learning experience where they can maximise their progress, we would like to hear from you
The Maths Department at Fulford School is made up of enthusiastic mathematicians, eager to spread both their passion for, and understanding of, the discipline of Mathematics. Through a carefully planned curriculum, we seek to ensure that every student can find success and enjoyment on their way to the appropriate qualification for the next stage of their lives.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, ambitious professional to join the teaching team within our school.
The role offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to promote learning and achievement and to contribute to the success and development of our school community.
The successful applicant will be:
- A highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of Mathematics.
- Able to teach across the age and ability range at age 11-16 and at A level.
- Able to secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
- An inspiring practitioner who keeps abreast of the latest developments in learning and teaching.
- Able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
- Eager to become a supportive Form Tutor.
In return we offer:
- A fantastic opportunity to contribute to the success of the Mathematics department within our school.
- The opportunity to develop within a highly supportive environment.
- Highly motivated students who are keen to participate and succeed.
- The scope to take a love of Mathematics well beyond the classroom.
We offer you the chance to join one of the high-performing schools in the region – with formal recognition as “Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year for the North of England”, and an Ofsted rating as Outstanding. We enjoy consistently high levels of parental satisfaction and positive student feedback / engagement which, along with highly motivated colleagues and excellent leadership at all levels, provides a fertile environment for you to develop within.
You will be joining a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1500 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form and a Trust with two primary schools and one junior school. The Fulford School motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community. These values also run through the work of our Multi Academy Trust.
We offer a supportive environment, competitive salary with excellent employee benefits including access to a salary-related defined pension scheme.
Please download further information and application forms below.
Please return the completed application form by email (along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 1st May 2019 (08.30am) Interviews: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require successful applicants to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Applicants are asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.