Full time / Permanent – to start September 2019 Teachers Pay & Conditions
We are seeking to recruit talented ambitious Teachers with the skills, expertise and passion to help enthuse our young people to achieve excellent standards in English. Whatever your stage of career be this NQT or experienced professional, you will be an inspirational practitioner able to make a significant contribution to raising expectations and standards through dynamic teaching and learning.
Commencing in September 2019 we offer you the chance to join one of the high-performing schools in the region – with formal recognition as “Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year for the North of England”, and an Ofsted rating as Outstanding. We also enjoy consistently high levels of parental satisfaction and positive student feedback / engagement which, along with highly motivated colleagues and inspirational leadership, provides a fertile environment for you to develop within.
The successful applicant will:
- Be a highly motivated, enthusiastic and confident teacher who enjoys delivering high quality, creative lessons and inspiring a love of English.
- Be able to teach English up to A level.
- Secure high standards of engagement, progress and achievement for all students.
- Have the personality to be a Supportive Form Tutor
- Inspire a love of learning in English.
- Have energy, resilience, optimism, a sense of humour and the determination to see things through.
- Be able and willing to make a full contribution to the life of the school and be committed to extra-curricular activities.
You will be joining a highly successful, oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school with 1400 students in the school including over 260 in the sixth form and a Trust with two primary schools and one junior school. The Fulford School motto of ‘Realising potential and creating the future’ is reflected in our commitment to maximising the personal development and achievement of all those in our school community. These values also run through the work of our Multi Academy Trust.
We offer a supportive environment, competitive salary with excellent employee benefits including access to a salary-related defined pension scheme.
Please visit the school website: www.fulford.york.sch.uk/vacancies for further details and application forms or download below.
Please return the completed application form by email (along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4) to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 8th March 2019 (08.00am) Interviews: TBC
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require successful applicants to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Applicants are asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.