10hrs Permanent Term time only – Start Sept 19
Grade 2 – £3,970 to £3,994 p.a. (Actual salary) Based on full-time equivalent of £17,364 to £17,469 p.a.
We are seeking a Technician to join our Art Department working under the direction of the Head of Art.
You will provide a support service to the Art Department facilitating a safe and well equipped environment for practical work to support the teaching of the subject to all pupils.
Main tasks will include:
- Assisting with the preparation of classrooms ensuring they are equipped and prepared for lessons including the preparation of materials and apparatus which may be required for demonstrations or practical work. Reporting when levels of materials and resources are low.
- Cleaning of apparatus/equipment used by staff and pupils.
- Reporting any damages or defects to Head of Art/senior colleague.
- Maintaining art materials and equipment in good working order within guidelines.
- Assisting in the stocking, transporting and distribution of all items used within the department.
You will have the chance to join one of the high-performing schools in the region – with formal recognition as “Sunday Times State Secondary School of the Year for the North of England”, and an Ofsted rating as Outstanding. We enjoy consistently high levels of parental satisfaction and positive student feedback / engagement which, along with highly motivated colleagues and inspirational leadership, provides a fertile environment for you to develop within.
We offer a supportive environment and a competitive salary with excellent employee benefits, including access to a salary-related defined pension scheme.
Please visit the school website: www.fulford.york.sch.uk/vacancies for further details and application forms or download below.
Please return the completed application form by email (along with a covering letter – no more than 2 pages A4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: 28th June 2019 (0800am)
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require successful applicants to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Applicants are asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.